we will succeed

Rain for me

^ Image credit - via Pinterest. NOT MY OWN. Though I hope to capture a beautiful picture like that someday...

You know when you make a decision in your mind, that you're going to do something, you're going to do it right, and you're going to keep it up till the end...and then you don't. It gives me a horrible feeling of failure. It makes me think very bitter thoughts. I end up saying, "It'll never happen. I can't possibly..."
Well, after that, I sort of give up on my dream, what I wanted for the future, what I thought I could get if I did this or that. It happens to me often. I often don't prevail.
I've got to tell you something...I don't know if you already know by now, but I'm quite a negative person. I'm not so optimist. So I'm very otherwise when I fail. But I really like to be positive when I'm writing...
Back to the subject. You want to succeed? I do. Read these verses:

Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. - Psalms 37:4

We need to be focused on God, and He will help us to succeed in getting what we desire.

I can do all things through him who strengthens me. - Philippians 4:13
Always remember this. Alone, we are nothing. With Him, who can do all things when He strengthens us.

Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established. - Proverbs 16:3

It's very important to commit things to God. I believe it helps you in everything, reminding yourself that you're doing it for Him. And isn't it awesome what is said next - your plans will be established. They WILL be established if you commit your work to the Lord.
But one more thing. Try and make sure that your goals aren't all earthly. 

For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul? - Matthew 16:26
It says in the bible to set your mind on things above, not on earthly things.

I think it's good to succeed with our goals on earth, but we mustn't forget to always be thinking this one simple question: What would Jesus do?. That way, we are thinking of the things above, not only of here on earth. There is so much more to life than earthly pleasures.

And we will succeed, with Him leading us. Maybe we won't always, because of stupid mistakes and issues on our side, but we can always depend on Him being there for us. Even when it thunders, you can see Him in the crystal clear, cold raindrops - even when fire burns, you can find Him in the warmth it gives on a cold night - even when darkness enfolds, He will come, as the light of the world.


16 comments:

  1. this is such a wonderful post Tane, I love it. and I to agree with you, this is a very encouraging post too! Great job
    Grace xxx ♥ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant and beautiful thoughts and scripture, Tane. For someone so young your heart and mind are in the right place. This blog could inspire so many of all ages that think they can do it ALONE. If you are working with and for God victory/success is just a moment away! Your dear Mom gave me the link for this blog and it has BLESSED my whole day! God Bless You and Your Wonderful Family!

      Delete
    2. Hi, Seth. :) Thank you so much for your wonderful comment - I feel so happy to have received such words. <3 You too have blessed my day by commenting, so thanks again! I really appreciate it.
      Tane ♥

      Delete
  2. Thank you so so much for this! I really needed this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cindy, thank you for your positive feedback on my post, I'm glad it could help you. ♥
      Tane xxx

      Delete
  3. Very encouraging girl...yes, when we feel down and like a failure it is really important that we open God's Word and fill our minds and hearts with God's overflowing truth than pours out of the Bible. These are very encouraging verses. Thanks for sharing them.
    I really like the part you said in not letting our desires be earthy. Everything we do should be for the glory of God and for the Kingdom of God. This world and it's desires will soon be passing away. But God's kingdom will not. And if our desires are in pursuing more of God's kingdom and His presence it is completely beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lizzie. You always have the loveliest comments in store, and I'm so glad you decided to post one here. I always find comfort in the thought that God's kingdom won't ever pass away...and that He won't either.
      Tane ♥

      Delete
  4. Isn't that the truth!!! Giving over our lives to God opens up such a hope in our souls knowing that someone so much greater has planned out our future. I also love your last paragraph!!!! Very wonderfully written!

    Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Sapphire! So happy to get your comment.
      Tane xxx

      Delete
  5. That is very encouraging. thanks for posting this.
    ~Braelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying it was encouraging, Braelyn, that was my goal! :) Glad you read it and glad you commented.
      Tane ♥

      Delete
  6. This is so beautiful, and incredibly encouraging! Thank you so much for this :D You are a wonderful writer...and I agree with you! I am (at times!) a negative person, so I hate so much to fail in anything! But I love the verse: Philippians 4:13 that you posted! Pure truth!

    Noelle:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Noelle. Your kind words have mad me smile.
      I also love that verse...it's so very comforting. And, like you said, pure truth.
      Tane xxx

      Delete
  7. This was oh so beautiful and oh so inspiring. The verses were amazing and just this overall post was...full of fulfilling encouragement.

    These were the exact words I needed to read. Thank you for sharing this post. <3

    xoxo,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Rose. ♥
      Tane xxx ♥ xxx

      Delete

Hi. :) It would be wonderful if you commented - I love to get feedback, thoughts on my post, ideas for my blog, answers and questions. Or anything else. But please don't use bad language or be unkind in the words you type.
I'll try to always reply, and I love to go to your blog to comment in return. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note for me, I appreciate it.
Tane ♥