chasing rainbows

when I was young
I tried to catch a rainbow
I ran as fast as I could
but I never got to it
so I stood and watched
the beauty fade instead
the rainbow was like
brush strokes in the sky
so perfectly painted
I knew there could only be One
who was the artist
I wasn't after the pot of gold
though that would have been nice
I just wanted to touch the rainbow
the rainbow that made me believe
there was something else out there
so I chased it
I wanted to ask it
what it would be like in the end
I thought that maybe it would know
but I couldn't catch it
so I stood and watched
the colors fade
but I never forgot
the day
when I chased that rainbow
and I had to let it go

Just one of my early childhood memories...

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem, Tane, very descriptive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! You did a wonderful job on this pretty post Tane. I love the words in this post it made me happy.... :)
    Grace xxx ♥ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Tane, you are such a AH-MAZING writer! hehe Keep it up!

    ~Natasha
    thestoryofthisgirlslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Nat. You're a great writer as well. :)
      Tane ♥

      Delete
  4. This is just such a beautiful post,you are such an outstanding writer

    ReplyDelete
  5. *coughcough* some awesome writing right here. (: i love it!
    xoxo
    rainbows and dreams

    ReplyDelete

Hi. :) It would be wonderful if you commented - I love to get feedback, thoughts on my post, ideas for my blog, answers and questions. Or anything else. But please don't use bad language or be unkind in the words you type.
I'll try to always reply, and I love to go to your blog to comment in return. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note for me, I appreciate it.
Tane ♥